KEEPERS OF THE EQUILIBRIUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KEEPERS OF THE EQUILIBRIUM

A CHIVALRIC KURZICK SOCIETY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alternative Forms of Address

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackstone

Alternative Forms of Address Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Forms of Address   Alternative Forms of Address Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:27 pm

This is here as a kind of planning document, so we can decide what we want to incorporate/use in our version of the medieval setting. These are the traditional alternative forms (i.e. other than rank + name) of addressing members of the nobility.

King/Queen: Your Majesty, my liege.
Other members of the royal family: Your Highness (technically "Your Royal Highness" but no other forms of Highness e.g. reigning Dukes/non-royal princes exist in our setting.)
Duke/Duchess: Your Grace*
Marquis/Marquise: Your Lordship/Ladyship*
Count/Countess: Your Lordship/Ladyship
Baron/Baroness: Your Lordship/Ladyship
Lord/Lady: My Lord/Lady (technically this can also be used for other noble titles, but perhaps to avoid confusion here should be limited to the actual ranks.)

*Our society structure is a little fuzzy on this topic as it appears that all Dukes in Camelot essentially become semi-independent, as they create their own cape/hall and are essentially a separate guild in the same alliance. In that case we may wish to adopt the style of mediatized Dukes (that is, Dukes that retain their own sovereign land but are themselves subjugated to the will of a sovereign) of "Your Serene Highness", and use "Your Grace" for Marquis/Marquise.

Everyone's comments and analyses are very welcome, this is just a draft.
Back to top Go down

Alternative Forms of Address
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KEEPERS OF THE EQUILIBRIUM :: CHATROOM OF THE KEEPERS :: THE EVERLASTING HANDBOOK-
Jump to: